Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I can so relate to this ... only with dogs/me

Hop on Pop

I"ve a couple 14-day books from the library that are jumping the reading queue right now. First up, THE OFFICE OF MERCY by Ariel Djanikian. A debut novel:

Weaving philosophy and science together into a riveting, dystopian story of love and adventure. Twenty-four-year-old Natasha Wiley lives in America-Five—a high-tech, underground, utopian settlement where hunger and money do not exist, everyone has a job, and all basic needs are met. But when her mentor and colleague, Jeffrey, selects her to join a special team to venture Outside for the first time, Natasha’s allegiances to home, society, and above all to Jeffrey are tested. She is forced to make a choice that may put the people she loves most in grave danger and change the world as she knows it.

The Office of Mercy is speculative fiction at its best with a deeply imagined, lush world, high-stakes adventure, and romance that will thrill fans of Suzanne Collins, Margaret Atwood, Justin Cronin, and Kazuo Ishiguro.
 It was published February 2013 and has 320 pages. 

I'm still reading THE LOOMING TOWER and I have another hold at the library, WHISKEY RIVER by Nora Roberts to pick up. I'm not turning on the television tonight. I'm reading.

Yes. Of course when I'm reading, it could be like this ....



But the reality is ..... times two....

 

Much love
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: