Friday, July 26, 2013

And if I'm not happy, YOU'RE not happy

Aiz Not Comfortable

I've been in a blechy mood for that past few days so I've been listening to music at work. Here's a bit of my song list:

Personal Jesus by Marilyn Manson (I HATE this guy but I like this version of the song)
Give Me One Reason to Stay Here - Tracy Chapman (memories of summer of 1988)
Shout - Animal House version
Mony Mony - Billy Idol (hate him too but love this version)
Mama by Phil Collins
I Wish It Would Rain Down - Phil Collins
Mama - Pink Floyd (memories of Virginia City)
Nothing Compares to You - Sinead O'Connor
Bittersweet Symphony - Verve Pipe
Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing - Chris Isaak

Coming to work today I heard You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Stones which pretty much always puts me in a good mood. But usually when I need a real attitude adjustment I listen to brain wave ambient sound/vibration therapy/chakra clearing stuff.

I had to pick up a 14-day book at the library yesterday, and will read it along with the Gregory. It's a nonfiction book called COMING TO MY SENSES: A Story of Perfume, Pleasure, and an Unlikely Bride by Alyssa Harrad. Here is a description:

A sudden love affair with fragrance leads to sensual awakening, self-transformation, and an unexpected homecomingAt thirty-six—earnest, bookish, terminally shopping averse—Alyssa Harad thinks she knows herself. Then one day she stumbles on a perfume review blog and, surprised by her seduction by such a girly extravagance, she reads in secret. But one trip to the mall and several dozen perfume samples later, she is happily obsessed with the seductive underworld of scent and the brilliant, quirky people she meets there. If only she could put off planning her wedding a little longer. . . . Thus begins a life-changing journey that takes Harad from a private perfume laboratory in Austin, Texas, to the glamorous fragrance showrooms of New York City and a homecoming in Boise, Idaho, with the women who watched her grow up. With warmth and humor, Harad traces the way her unexpected passion helps her open new frontiers and reclaim traditions she had rejected. Full of lush description, this intimate memoir celebrates the many ways there are to come to our senses.
Published in 2012, it has 272 pages. 

Tomorrow is the LAST book sale at the library in which everything is free because everything must go from storage (there is no storage in the new library). If I survive, I'll report on my treasures.

Much love,
PK the Bookemonster

No comments: