Monday, July 22, 2013

That looks wooooonderful

Talk About a Party Animal

The AC was broken at work on my side of the building. I was seeing indoor temps of 84. And no basement to go hide in. Bah.

I'm currently reading THE LAST TEMPTATION by Val McDermid. This is 3rd of 8 in series featuring Dr. Tony Hill, a forensic psychologist and criminal profiler, and Carol Jordan, a Detective Chief Inspector, based in fictional Bradfield, in northern England. Here is a description:
Coming to terms over her breakup with criminal profiler Dr. Tony Hill, Chief Inspector Carol Jordan plunges into a risky undercover sting: track down a European drug trafficker and gain his confidence. But she's being tracked as well-by a serial killer whose psychosexual madness is born out of the darkest corners of history. In quiet isolation, Tony Hill is laying to rest the scars of his past-until he's recruited back into business on a case he can't ignore. An evil is striking uncomfortably close to home, and casting a killer shadow over the life of his long-time colleague and sometimes lover. As the danger closes in, and as Tony and Carol cross paths to navigate the terrain of a shattered human mind, they have no one left to trust but themselves-and fear that there's no place left to run as a killer promises to fulfill his most twisted dreams.
It was published 2002 and has 448 pages. I've been meaning to get back to this series for YEARS, I tell you. Finally, finally did. And while this isn't an audio, I would listen to Val McDermid read the phone book, I love her Scottish accent that much. I saw her in San Fran at Bouchercon in 2010.

As of this posting, no royal baby yet. Yes, I think it is interesting. That baby, boy or girl, will be the monarch at the end of this century probably.  As much as I love history and royal intrigue and such, this is right up my alley.

Nuttin' on TV as far as I know. I hope to read a big chunk tonight. The new Gregory will be waiting for me tomorrow after work.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: