Saturday, July 13, 2013

When gravity takes a 180

This Gravity Is Borked


I walked the boys at 5:30 this morning when it was so nice and cool. I've been doing the Saturday chores - vacuum, bedding and towels laundry.

In my quest to eat healthier, I tried to make some zucchini chips today in the dehydrator. Fail. Tomorrow I'll try making beet chips with a better recipe. Cut them thicker, use EVOO, and dehydrate a shorter time.

I also started an organizing project this morning: I took out four boxes of books obtained from books sales from out of office and alphabetized them and weeded out duplicates (oh yes, I have more than four boxes to go through). Now what to do with them? I don't know. I have a spare bookcase that my friend Beth brought back from a garage sale but I don't know where to put it. But I have to do something pronto because the books are on the couch where we eat, watch TV, and basically live. In my defense, it was the thought that counted, I just sort of lost steam when I went up for lunch and then had to take a nap because I'd been up since 5:30.

Nuttin' on TV tonight but I'm sure we'll stare at it for a bit. Doing steak tonight for dinner. I'll have steamed broccoli/cauliflower with it while Steve will have either left over potato salad or hashbrowns. I got some more Washington cherries at Walmart last night. They are so good.

So, tomorrow, I make beet chips and also my crockpot meals for lunches this week. Usually a veggie soup but maybe I'll try making a paleo chili (regular chili but with no beans and maybe some squash).

Off you go...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: