Friday, July 5, 2013

Probably not yet, no.

The Fourth of July Can Be Stressful


You know, Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays to commemorate. But I get SO FREAKIN' TIRED of fireworks until 2am. I stayed with the boys downstairs until midnight when it was somewhat quiet. But then they started up again. Really? Some people, like Steve, had to get up to go to work. I had to get up at 5:30 to walk the boys but I was able to go back to bed, when Steve left, to catch up on some sleep. And I'm sure, being a Friday night, it will continue again. 

Today I found my Kindle inoperable; I never experienced it before, lines across the screen that made it unreadable and would not go away. I don't remember dropping it which I'm told is a cause. I contacted support and they said it was dead and offered discounted prices on refurbished ones. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to do even that and they don't apparently even offer anymore the one I really wanted. (I prefer the Kindle with the keyboard rather than the touch technology.) The rep went to her supervisor and they are now sending me one of those I like for free -- must have a box or two in a dusty warehouse somewhere. I'm gobsmacked and relieved and I'll have it by Tuesday. Steve says I won't last that long without it. Yes, I'll be without the book I'm currently reading, a digital loan from the library, during this long weekend unless I read it on the computer via the Amazon Cloud but it's not like I don't have any other books in the house. So there, Mister Smarty-pants. :) See? That's why I have so many books on hand for just this kind of emergency or if the printing industry collapses.

It's been overcast a lot of the day which has taken the edge off the heat but it is still in the 80s. Bah. 

Nothing on TV tonight that I can see. Last night, to kill time until midnight, we re-watched Memphis Belle movie and then I watched the end of the last Harry Potter movie again. I should have been reading, hunh. Hard to do when you're petting two dogs at once.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: