Monday, September 23, 2013

That will be me tonight


Yeah, so it's a Monday. But The Voice starts tonight so it's not so bad, eh?

I'm almost done with the Dunnett book. Per Kindle, I'm at the 89% mark. Next up,  I'm thinking it's been a while since I read a Tremayne.

Every month on 4MA I do a list of the new releases of historical mysteries. These are new as in not released in any previous form previous to that month. Here's the list for October:


Alexander, Tasha  BEHIND THE SHATTERED GLASS
Boyd, William  SOLO
Brightwell, Emily  MRS JEFFERIES AND THE MERRY GENTLEMEN
Butler, Robert Olen  THE STAR OF ISTANBUL
Carmack, Amanda  MURDER AT HATFIELD HOUSE
Collins, Max Allen  ASK NOT
Dallas, Sandra  FALLEN WOMEN
Fletcher, Martin  JACOB’S OATH
Franklin, Tom  THE TILTED WORLD
Hanley, C B  THE BLOODY CITY
Holloway, Emma Jane A STUDY IN DARKNESS
Jensen, Martin  THE KING’S HOUNDS
Jones, J Sydney  RUIN VALUE
McGinley, Patrick  COLD SPRING
McKay, Shirley  FRIEND & FOE
Nethercott, Michael THE SÉANCE SOCIETY
Oak, B B  THOREAU AT DEVIL’S PERCH
Phillips, Jayne Anne QUIET DELL
Quinn, Peter  DRY BONES
Spencer, Sally, BLACKSTONE AND THE ENDGAME
Westerson, Jeri  SHADOW OF THE ALCHEMIST
Wilson, Elizabeth  THE GIRL IN BERLIN
Worth, John  THE MAKING OF A MAN

There's not really anything on the list for me this time. I've pretty much given up on Alexander though I may get back to her some day. I shake my head at the one with Thoreau as the crime solver - I hate those that use real people who couldn't possibly have solved crimes as sleuths. The one that interested me to investigate because I'd never heard of it before was the one by Martin. It's set in 1018 England. Very few historical mysteries cover that period of time. 

Have a lovely.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 


No comments: