Thursday, September 12, 2013

You wouldn't be here if I were a vegan ...

One Piece, And I'll Back Away Slowly

I have decided I have at least three different personalities as it relates to my reading/intake. Or we could call them moods. One is very intellect-oriented that is interested in current events and analysis, reading the news and nonfiction. Another is spirituality-oriented, interested in new age-ish Universe and focusing on higher frequency/attuned living. A third is in it for pure entertainment, bring on the stories and more of them. And truly from day to day, I don't know which is going to be at the forefront and control what I'm interested in. The past day or so, I'm in intellect mode; interested in books about Cicero, founding fathers, history of Hezbollah, Islam, intelligence gathering,  etc. Yeah, you should be in my brain. Not. 

Last night on TV I came across a great show on the Discovery Channel called The President's Gatekeepers. It features interviews with all the former living chiefs of staff for the POTUS. Part one was last night, part two will be on tonight. "Featuring exclusive interviews with all 20 living White House chiefs of staff and two presidents, Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush, The Presidents' Gatekeepers explores the fascinating and untold story of this unique fraternity and the presidents they serve. Epic in scope, spanning 50 years and nine administrations, it is an unprecedented series that pulls back the curtain on the inner workings of the Oval Office." So you know where I'll be tonight for two hours.

With the boys getting out of the yard, I changed my routine this morning. All summer, I've been walking them right away when I get up in the morning. But I was thinking that maybe if I walked them right before leaving for work, they would be more tired or too tired to escape to go exploring and would remember it as a more recent event that they had just been out there and not have to go exploring. We'll see. Today was a little rough; I need to work on what all I need to get done so that I can be ready for the day and the rest of the day at work, i.e., clothes, lunch, presentable.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: