Wednesday, November 27, 2013

At least they're not zombie sheep

I Hope the Wolf Gets Here Soon... 

 Ohhhh Wednesday. Thanksgiving Eve. Steve is shooting. I'm hoping to read. 

I had to run an errand on the West End at lunchtime and to curb my craving for a Reuben sandwich, I finally got one from Jakes. Sigh. It wasn't that good. So disappointing. But it is out of my system for a while now. 

I need to pick up a hold from the library perhaps on the way home either tonight or on Friday: THE MIDWIFE'S TALE by Sam Thomas. I'll tell you more about it when it's in my hands.

In the morning I'll be making some Paleo "stuffing". For as long as I can remember, my favorite food for Thanksgiving has always been the stuffing. Bread is now on my list of things to avoid. Therefore I'm going make this as a substitute so I won't be tempted. It has sausage as its main ingredient and has carrots and celery and slivered almonds -- we'll see how it turns out. I shouldn't have any potatoes tomorrow, but I may have a little. 

Otherwise we will have the Dallas game tomorrow afternoon and the Steelers play in the evening. I WON'T be watching the Macy's parade -- I don't find the giant balloon things that interesting.The Rose Bowl Parade is another story altogether.

And the NEXT day, no Black Friday shopping for me. Yes, I'll be working, I don't really mind that, but I just don't participate in that Black Friday madness whatsoever. I've done my time when I had to work them in the past -- nothing would make me want to go out into that ever again. Ever.

And the retail stores that are open on Thanksgiving? Shame. 

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: