Saturday, November 30, 2013

La la la I can't hear you....

10563088753_6cbfc90590_z

SO I spent an hour this morning driving around the subdivision looking for the dogs. AGAIN. I was home and awake and they knew it at the time of their escape. Why did they leave? I don't know what it is that makes Ryker do this and Coda follow. Much like Braveheart, Ryker needs FREEDOM!! We have got to do something about the fence. And it may be that it is up to ME to do something about the fence.

Otherwise, I've been doing the usual Saturday cleaning/laundry. Steve went to a gun show.

Yesterday, after much deliberation, I took advantage of a special value sale on QVC and got a Kindle Fire. The deal was too good to pass up: $150 off the regular Amazon price, free shipping, lifetime warranty on the tablet itself, an easy pay plan of $50/month so my outlay right now is only that, and their return policy is for two months because of Christmas. For yesterday only so I had to decide and act within a small window of opportunity. I told Steve to consider that this is my Christmas present. I am thinking, if it works out okay, that I'll give my current Kindle to mom to replace the one that she has, which is version 2. The one I'll be giving her (version 3) does digital loans from the library; the old one doesn't. Our library is closing on December 13th for hopefully a little less than a month while they demolish the old one and move into the new (smaller) library so there will be no library books for a while unless everyone goes there soon and hoards up. So I that that may be a good option as well (assuming the Fire lets me do digital loans which I can't see why it wouldn't). The Fire should be here by the 9th.

I'm not sure what to make for dinner but I'm thinking we may do an On Demand viewing of Red 2 tonight. Some movies are now coming around from summer that we didn't make the time see: Red 2, Wolverine, Despicable Me 2, Superman, etc.

Gotta go change the laundry. Have a lovely Saturday.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: