Monday, November 4, 2013

It will go away after you fall asleep

Sometimes Mondays are Hard to Face

Gotta make this quick. I've got TV night starting in 30 minutes and still have to spend some quality time with the boys. On TV tonight: The Voice, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.

I'm currently reading A FALSE MIRROR by Charles Todd. This is 9th of 16 in series featuring Ian Rutledge, a shell-shocked World War I veteran returning to his job at Scotland Yard, in London. Here is a description:
Scotland Yard Inspector Ian Rutledge, who has returned from the trench warfare of France haunted by the carnage (and in particular by his order to execute one of his own men), heads to the seaside village of Hampton Regis to defuse a hostage situation. Stephen Mallory, who served under Rutledge's command in the war and is suspected of viciously assaulting his ex-lover's husband, demands Rutledge's presence before he will release his ex-lover and other hostages. To manage the crisis, Rutledge must weather the suspicions of the local police and identify the person responsible for the assault and two subsequent murders. 
It was published in 2007 and has 389 pages. This is a digital loan from the library.

My feet have been killing me for a while and I'm pretty sure it's plantar faciitis. Will be getting better support and stuff for my shoes. It's always something. I've got big, wide feet with high arches so well-fitting shoes are always difficut and I'm sure my weight over the years has contributed.

Steve is at the hospital visiting his dad. It's snowing out now -- looks like it may stick tonight but I think we're due for 40s in the temps.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster


No comments: