Monday, April 21, 2014

Aaawwwww.....

You're Making me Feel Sheepish!


I'm current reading on Kind, THE MAP OF LOST MEMORIES by Kim Fay. A stand alone, here is a description:
In 1925 the international treasure-hunting scene is a man’s world, and no one understands this better than Irene Blum, who is passed over for a coveted museum curatorship because she is a woman. Seeking to restore her reputation, she sets off from Seattle in search of a temple believed to house the lost history of Cambodia’s ancient Khmer civilization. But her quest to make the greatest archaeological discovery of the century soon becomes a quest for her family’s secrets. As Irene travels through Shanghai's lawless back streets and Saigon’s opium-filled lanes, she joins forces with a Communist temple robber and an intriguing nightclub owner with a complicated past. What they bring to light deep within the humidity-soaked Cambodian jungle does more than change history. It ultimately solves the mysteries of their own lives.
Published 2012, it has 338 pages. It was an Edgar Award Finalist for Best First Novel by an American Author. I dunno, I came across this title accidentally and the cover caught my attention and then the setting grabbed me. I hope it turns out to be good; it is keeping my attention.

Tonight I have The Blacklist on TV. We're counting down to the season finale so things will be heating up from now on so I can't miss it no matter how tired I am. Prior to that I could watch The Voice, which has now gone to "live" shows (being Mountain time zone, we're an hour delayed). 

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: