Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hey, could you put another dog on the pile? Thanks.

A Real Dog Pile

I hit a crabby wall last night reading Nora Roberts. I was probably overtired and had overread. All her characters are perfect -- the guy is perfect, the girl is perfect, their friends are perfect, the family is perfect.... They have perfect sex about halfway through the book. They're the best at their jobs and it's a perfect fit for them. They say witty things or the appropriate things at the right time every time. So I finally turned out the light in a crabby mood and then unfortunately Steve came home and started to tell me about his evening. I think I snarled at him.

So now, do I finish the book or take a break? I'm not crabby anymore but should I risk it? I have two from the digital library, but maybe I should read the extremely logical and unsentimental Sister Fidelma. I haven't read that series in a few months and need to get back to my series reading. Think, think, think.

Random thoughts:

Nothing on TV tonight.

I'm making walleye for dinner.

I made veggie soup last night; because it has carrots and sweet potatoes in it, it is a strange combination of sweet and salty because I added some to counteract the sweet.

I'm cold turkey off coffee today. Ok, I would usually only have one (big) cup in the morning and that was it so it's probably not that big of deal. :)

I wish it were the weekend. A long weekend.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: