Sunday, April 13, 2014

Holding back Monday with all my might ....


Well we got a little bit of snow. I know! It was in the 70s just a couple days ago. I'm okay with it because a) I got the back yard picked up yesterday and b) I have an excuse to read and nap most of the day.

Tonight we have Game of Thrones to watch. I tried watching the new series on AMC called Turn, set during the American Revolution which is one of my favorite periods ... but it didn't grab me. I don't know if I want to give it another try because I enjoy my reading time and don't really want to be tied to watching another show.

Speaking of watching shows, on Netflix, I've just started viewing a British series called The Bletchley Circle set in 1952, about four women who used to work as codebreakers at Bletchley Park. A series of murders takes place that seem to have a pattern. The police apparently overlook the pattern, so the women start investigating it themselves. The first series of the miniseries was originally shown in the UK in 2012, and had its U.S. audience premiere in April 2013, on PBS. Well, I missed it on PBS but it is on Netflix and it's only three episodes long so I may stick with it.

I've got to change the laundry loads. Steve is off shooting with a buddy. I may make some popcorn with white chedder salt and read.

Have a lovely day....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: