Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pressed fairy imitation

 

Don't know what a pressed fairy is? OMG, I've loved these for years! From Brian Froud's LADY COTTINGTON'S PRESSED FAIRY BOOK. This " is the diary kept by Lady Cottington. Instead of pressing flowers in it, she pressed fairies (with a resulting look remarkably similar to watercolors). Handwritten and handsomely bound, this book is as surprising as it is pleasing. The publisher (at the request of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Fairies) notes that no fairies were injured or killed in the manufacturing process...:


My kind of humor. I admit it. It makes me belly laugh.

On a different note but just as fantastical, Steve MOWED the front yard last night! Whoa. He wanted to try out the newer more powerful mower.

Nothing on TV for me tonight so I will hopefully read.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster





No comments: