Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It's only Tuesday


Finally got Steve off to his vacation. And I'm absolutely gobsmacked that he had flowers delivered to me this morning.  For no known reason other than going away on his vacation. He's not done that before.


White daisies and red roses. My favorite. 


I think I'm about to start A MURDER AT ROSAMUND'S GATE by Susanna Calkins. 1st of 4 in series featuring Lucy Campion, a young orphan working as a chambermaid and then for a printer, beginning in 1665 London.

For Lucy Campion, a seventeenth-century English chambermaid serving in the household of the local magistrate, life is an endless repetition of polishing pewter, emptying chamber pots, and dealing with other household chores until a fellow servant is ruthlessly killed, and someone she loves is wrongly arrested for the crime. In a time where the accused are presumed guilty until proven innocent, lawyers aren't permitted to defend their clients, and--if the plague doesn't kill them first--public executions draw a large crowd of spectators, Lucy knows she may never see this person alive again. Unless, that is, she can identify the true murderer. Determined to do just that, Lucy finds herself venturing out of her expected station and into raucous printers' shops, secretive gypsy camps, the foul streets of London, and even the bowels of Newgate prison on a trail that might lead her straight into the arms of the killer.

Published in 2013, it has 352 pages. I should have started it sooner. I've been aware of the series from the first book and it's in a time period I really like. I don't know why I haven't read it yet.


The Curse of Oak Island is on TV for me tonight. "About Face":

New clues are sought after a return to borehole 10-X

I don't know yet what to have dinner. Take out? Chili (again)? Something else? Hmmm....

Warm today expected. Near 40. Don't really want it because the snow will melt and potentially create some yucky driving conditions in some places. 

Have a good one!



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: