Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pookie doesn't want me to go back to work


And the last of the long weekends has come to an end.


Overall, the weekend was ok. Did a lot of cleaning and cooking on Saturday. Fireworks started about 10 and Ryker went into "protect me, Mama" mode in which he needed to be touched constantly.


Unfortunately, I've developed canker sores in my mouth so that's not very fun but I'm dealing with it with Listerine and Orajel. It has, however, made me a little tired. I slept a quite a bit yesterday and I'm marching on through today.

Change of plan in reading. It happens when you're a mood reader like me. I'm currently reading A CONSPIRACY OF FAITH by Jussi Adler-Olsen. 3rd of 6 in series featuring Carl Mørck, an experienced homicide detective in Department Q, and his assistant Assad, in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Detective Carl Mørck holds in his hands a bottle that contains old and decayed message, written in blood. It is a cry for help from two young brothers, tied and bound in a boathouse by the sea. Could it be real? Who are these boys, and why weren’t they reported missing? Could they possibly still be alive? Carl’s investigation will force him to cross paths with a woman stuck in a desperate marriage- her husband refuses to tell her where he goes, what he does, how long he will be away. For days on end she waits, and when he returns she must endure his wants, his moods, his threats. But enough is enough. She will find out the truth, no matter the cost to her husband—or to herself.

Published in US 2013, 512 pages.

I watched the Rose Parade yesterday. The best parade of the year. My favorite float had surfing dogs.



Tonight on TV we have the season finale of The Curse of Oak Island "The Mystery of Samuel Ball":
The Laginas find important evidence linking an 18th century American slave to the Oak Island mystery.


 And the season finale of Hunting Hitler "Nazi Colony":
In the Season 2 finale, the investigation leads to a secretive German community with reported Nazi ties.
Have a great day!



Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: