Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Yes! Wine! Yes please!


I still have my canker sores but perhaps they're not as painful today, so there's improvement. Bah.


Nothing on TV tonight for me. No Arrow for three more weeks.


So I'll probably read and go to bed early.


Steve has shooting tonight so I don't have to feed him. Woot!

On 4MA we list our tops and bottom reads for 2016. Here's mine: 

Tops:
Carey, Jacqueline  KUSHIEL’S CHOSEN (SFF) This is probably my top of the year.
Kope, Spencer  COLLECTING THE DEAD
Henshaw, Mark  THE FALL OF MOSCOW STATION
Frasier, Anne  THE BODY READER
Adler-Olsen  THE ABSENT ONE
Harris, C.S.  WHEN FALCONS FALL
Wilde, Darcie  A USEFUL WOMAN
Todd, Charles  NO SHRED OF EVIDENCE
Slaughter, Karin  THE KEPT WOMAN
Carey, Jacqueline  KUSHIEL’S DART  (SFF)
 
Bottom (My bottoms are disappointments to me, not bad books)

Pintoff, Stefanie  THE HOSTAGE TAKER  The premise is good but the execution was not. Shallow. Even for a screenplay potentially, it was taking shortcuts. And I loved her historical mystery series. So disappointed.

MacLean, Shona  A GAME OF SORROWS  The first book was so good! This one got bogged down in an extended family he’d never known about, a look-alike cousin, leaving everything behind for a wild goose chase …

Penny, Louise  A GREAT RECKONING Just disappointed. She’s venturing into Anne Perry territory – soap box.

The last couple mornings it's been -8 when walking the boys. Today, I think we got a high of 7. Winter is still with us.




Stay warm and cozy


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: