Friday, May 29, 2009

Adventures in Shopping

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Donna Moore's new blog Big Beat from Badsville found at http://bigbeatfrombadsville.blogspot.com/. Welcome to the blogosphere, Donna!

I read COCAINE BLUES by Kerry Greenwood in the past day. It is first in a beloved series. I found it okay. I think for me, this protagonist, Phryne Fisher, will have to be read in small doses. A little goes a long way. So I'm auditioning again. I'm still holding off on starting the new Michael Connelly until I'm on the jet heading to Dallas on Sunday. Garage door convention with Steve. Let me (not) tell you how exciting those can be. Oy.

So I went shirt shopping this morning because it's going to be HOT down there and I want the flimsiest of tops that still look decent that can be found. I tried on many many shirts and blouses. Who are these people designing for?!? Some of the ugliest I've never seen were on display to be sold. Some only made me look like I was wearing maternity wear. Others had huge buttons or bows or really ugly prints or construction that was strange. I did manage to find a couple that I think will be okay. Nice and filmy but okay to wear if you have a tank or camisole underneath. But in trying on these tops I realized I was past due for new bras (yes, Mother). So that was another adventure. It was actually difficult to find any that didn't have underwire. Why do women want to wear underwires? They're so uncomfortable. So anyway, a succesful shopping trip.

Shopping took up early walking time with Tug so we got going shortly after noon. It was HOT (80s). Tug fortunately is able to jump in the ditches every once in a while. He didn't start to limp a bit until the last third of the walk which I think is an improvement. We got home and I slugged ice water and stood in front of the fan on its highest setting. Hot. Tug, however, doesn't let us walk early than 11 in the morning -- when it's cooler -- because he either doesn't remember it or it doesn't count. Either way, if we do it earlier than 11, he's at me again in the afternoon. And he doesn't believe me when I say it's too hot; let's do it later in the evening when it's cooler. He believes he'll never get a walk ever again if we don't do it midday. Silly puppy.

I'm on day 16 of the tea detox. I don't think I'll be taking it with me on the trip. Can you imagine trying to get "green leafy material" through security when they don't even let you carry on bottled water? And the food restriction may be difficult to manage with food limitations of a convention. I'll be doing the detox through day 18 of 22 and call it good, I think. I never did have the emotional reactions that Jody and the tea lady were warning about. Hunh. Nor the weight loss. Damn.

Say Yes to the Dress isn't on tonight so I don't think there's anything for me to view on tv so I will probably read again.

We leave Sunday morning so tomorrow I'll have to do all cleaning and plan the packing strategy. I don't think we're taking the laptop so I'll be out of contact Sunday for a few days. Coming back, I imagine I'll have a few stories to tell.

See you tomorrow....

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: