Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just a nice, snuggly day


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Books to the Ceiling found at http://robertarood.wordpress.com/. Roberta says she's "recently retired from my job as a library associate in a busy public library. I am obsessed with books but right now I miss having people to share them with in person. I love crime fiction, especially of the British variety."


Yesterday was a glorious spring day - sun and a little breeze. This morning, it's a little dark and sprinkling out; a perfect day to get caught up on emails and blogs and reading. Even though the lawn needs to be mowed, I hope it stays this way all day.


I'm currently reading THE LANGUAGE OF BEES by Laurie R. King. This is 9th of 9 in series featuring Mary Russell, student and then wife of Sherlock Holmes. Here's a description:



In a case that will push their relationship to the breaking point, Mary Russell must help reverse the greatest failure of her legendary husband’s storied past—a painful and personal defeat that still has the power to sting…this time fatally. For Mary Russell and her husband, Sherlock Holmes, returning to the Sussex coast after seven months abroad was especially sweet. There was even a mystery to solve--the unexplained disappearance of an entire colony of bees from one of Holmes’s beloved hives. But the anticipated sweetness of their homecoming is quickly tempered by a galling memory from her husband’s past. Mary had met Damian Adler only once before, when the promising surrealist painter had been charged with--and exonerated from--murder. Now the talented and troubled young man was enlisting their help again, this time in a desperate search for his missing wife and child.
This was just published and has 448 pages.
I need to do some Internet browsing: Steve's birthday is coming up and I'm not sure what to get for him so I need to do some scoping for possibilities. What I'd really like to do is take a nap already. :) Tug is snoring in his "den" behind me: behind the recliner in my office. Steve is still sleeping since he was up late last night.
So have a good 2nd day of the weekend. Do something you enjoy just for you!
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: