Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday again and again

The day got by me again with stuff going on so no forgotten author today.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is In Reference to Murder found at http://inreferencetomurder.typepad.com/my_weblog/.

I had coffee with Jody and a friend that I haven't seen in several months, Sara, who used to work at the museum with us. She just got engaged and it very happy. It was good to get caught up with what's been happening with her.

I had to take Tug to the vet because of a thing I found on his side that might have been a tick but it wasn't, don't know what it was but they "fixed" it. Then took him for a walk. Then had to pick up a prescription for Steve, then stop by the library to pick up a couple holds, then stopped by the stop to see Steve.

I'm about to start one of the libary holds, FACE OF BETRAYAL by Lis Wiehl and April Henry. Here's a description:

When 17-year-old Senate page Katie Converse goes missing on her Christmas break near her parents' white Victorian home in Portland, Ore., law enforcement and media personnel go into overdrive in a search for clues. Three friends at the pinnacle of their respective careers—Allison Pierce, a federal prosecutor; Cassidy Shaw, a crime reporter; and Nicole Hedges, an FBI special agent—soon discover that Katie wasn't the picture of innocence painted by her parents. It appears Katie was having an affair with a much older man, a senator whose political career could be derailed if the affair was publicized.
It has 320 pages and was just published.

Tonight on tv I just have a half hour show, Say Yes to the Dress. Otherwise I'll journal and read.

It would be nice to be going to the new Star Trek movie that opens tonight but I don't want to deal with the crowds. I'm VERY happy that there's new blood in the franchise; yes, I'm a Trekker. I fell in love with Captain Kirk at a very young age. (sigh) We'll be going to the new movie soon.

I'll be stopping by M&D's tomorrow to drop off Mother's Day card, but otherwise I don't think we have any plans for the weekend aside from the usual ... cleaning, etc.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: