Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Love




Today is Steve's birthday so I'm not going to be spending much time on the computer. Therefore no featured author post. I love that photo; it was taken on our wedding 11 1/2 years ago so there's a lot more gray in the hair and beard now.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Clerical Detectives found at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipg/detectives/. There is something intriguing to me about mysteries set in religious tones: historical, the Vatican, a country cleric, etc.

I'm experiencing a sort of reading slump at the moment. You may have noticed that I haven't been ripping through the books this month in the monthly listing. Some kind of stupid "can't read during the day" guilt has kicked in which leaves very little time in the evening. I have some wonderful things to read but something internal is slowing things down. Silly.
I'm currently on day 3 of 22 of my tea detox with no problems other than having to avoid "whites" like rice, potatoes, sugar, and anything milk product (argh). I have included whole wheat pasta and I can have the wholest of grain bread -- apparently there is a brand called "Ezekial" to be had that fits the bill very well. I have to go to the store today anyway. I can have eggs and I can have wild rice, and so forth. So not starving, obviously.

Birthday Boy is currently sleeping in. I've got some gifts for him that I think he'll like. Tonight, I'm planning on taking him to dinner at a restaurent we like and a movie. Tomorrow, Steve's parents are taking us out to dinner for his b-day since I apparently claimed the day itself. Bwa ha ha!

Otherwise, the usual will be happening: cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, walking Tug...
Happy 42nd Annual Event, Steve!
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: