Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is The Kill Zone Authors found at http://killzoneauthors.blogspot.com/. The blog says, "The Kill Zone is the musings of 6 top thriller and mystery authors covering topics that inspire, anger, amuse, and entertain us. Each day, we’ll share what goes on inside our heads as we observe and write about the world around us. The Kill Zone is a doorway into the thriller and mystery writer’s mind. Enter at your own risk!"

Today's Teaser comes from the book I'm currently reading, THE LANGUAGE OF BEES. I'm on page 225:

I gently closed the cupboard door and slid the rucksack onto my shoulders, then disassembled the blockade on the door and eased it open.
No glowering PC awaited me.
Moving along the edge of the hallway to lessen the chance of squeaks underfoot, I explored the other doors, putting my head inside each room and giving a brief shot from the torch to tell me what it contained. The Adlers' bedroom was the room whose dim light I had seen from the garden, from a fixture high on a wall that looked a if it stayed on all of the time. They had a single wide bed, a table on either side with reading lights. Her bed-side table had a drawer with several hand lotions and nail files. His table held a framed photograph of Yolanda in a traditional high-necked Chinese dress, looking less at home than she had in the Western dress of the other
photo.
Today I went over to Jody's for a couple hours to work on the project. Came home, quick lunch, and then walked Tug. It thundered five times but only a couple sprinkles. Steve has a board meeting tonight and won't have a lot of time between coming home and leaving again so I suggested he pick up sandwiches on the way home. I've got to do some computer work here for a bit so I'll be seeing you tomorrow...

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: