Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back from the Lost Day

Sorry for not more fully participating yesterday. A 24-hour bug got me: head and neck ache, body aches and tired. I felt just terrible. You know that scene in Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) when Harrison Ford really was very sick and he had to do the fighting scene with the big guy with the sword so all he could was shoot him? That was me.




Yesterday morning I decided to stop fighting it and laid down for most of the day. By last night it was just head and neck ache. Today it was a little neck ache and my ears are stopped up which usually happens if I over-medicate and I did take a lot of aspirin. So I'd say I'm 90-95% better.


I'm currently reading THE AWFUL SECRET by Bernard Knight. This is 4th of 13 in series featuring Sir John de Wolfe, the crowner (coroner), in 12th century Devon, England. Here is a description:


Gilbert de Rideford is a Knight of the Temple of Solomon, and an old acquaintance from Crowner John's crusading days. He claims to have come into possession of a secret that could shake Christendom to its foundations - and he desperately needs John's help to escape from the secretive order of warrior monks. Suddenly swept into a world of religious intrigue and dangerous politics, Crowner John finds himself undertaking a life-threatening mission to the Island of Lundy - inhabited solely by notorious pirates - until finally the awful secret itself is revealed.

It has 356 pages and was published in 2000.


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Wow! Women on Writing found at http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/blog.html.


So not much else going on. Last week's meeting number one said no because of a situation with Jody so waiting on the second. I need to get to the grocery store soon. TV - I might check out the Jada Pinkett-Smith show on TNT about being a nurse, Hawthorne. I've got about 20 minutes to read some emails before starting to make dinner. I'm making my special chicken that Steve likes and it cooks for an hour and putting it together takes a few minutes itself so I'm going to end it with, yes, the chicken is good and worth the effort. :)

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: