Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rainy Day People


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is BiblioBuffet found at http://www.bibliobuffet.com/. This is a beautifully laid out site. "BiblioBuffet is for readers with independent minds who want to use their reading time well, who are not averse to trying something new, who demand quality regardless of genre."


I finished THE MERCHANT'S PARTNER by Michael Jecks last night. There are some slightly perhaps-out-of-period moments that took me out of the story on occasion but overall a fine historical mystery in a large series. Even if I read one once a month, it would take me two years to get caught up -- a lovely prospect for one with a voracious reading habit such as mine. Next up, I'm not sure which of my library choices will be up first. I'll decide sometime today.


It is a perfect cool, dark, damp day out here in Billings. Though I wish Steve could mow the lawn because it's really nasty out there, I feel like I don't need to go anywhere or accomplish anything other than laundry and some vacuuming. It is a day for reading or movie watching and being in your warm comfy clothes and drinking a cuppa something hot and munching on popcorn while the smell of something delicious is slow cooking in the kitchen. Ya know wadda mean?


Ah, tonight is Game 5 of the Stanley Cup playoffs so that is what we'll be watching. Fingers crossed and good vibes out to Pittsburgh who are now being competitive in the series. Finally.


Otherwise, I'm playing on the Internet today, making up for lost time while traveling. And that's about it.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: