Sunday, June 21, 2009

Update the 2nd

I've had some good upticks and some downward ticks.

The downs:
  • Got sick on the pain medication yesterday and threw up a bit and had to fight nausea for a lot of the day until it was out of my system.
  • Last night's antibiotic felt like it "opened" on the way down the throat and burned all the way. Suffering pain internally from that today. Hope that will be gone by tomorrow.

The ups:
  • I think the cellulitis is receding. Slowly, yes. I'm still not walk on my foot/leg. But there is less pain and maybe I'm seeing less red at near the knee.
  • I was able to get to the shower by myself this morning and got most of a shower and washed my hair. It had been since Wednesday. Oy, did that feel good and improve my outlook for a while.

It's a good thing nursing wasn't the family business that Steve had to go into: he sucks at it. Basically, I think he may resent the whole situation but at this point, I can't help that. I feel like I'm nagging when all I'm doing is asking for food to be brought. He's not really speaking to me and avoiding me right now so I haven't been able to talk to him about what's going on.

I haven't done a whole lot of reading yet but did crack open the Bernard Knight for a bit last night. And I watched the DVD of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I was afraid it wouldn't have held up too well over the years; it was a little cheesy but not bad for a sicky to waste some afternoon hours yesterday. Both Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour tended to strike poses a lot, knowing how beautiful they looked. :)

If I can find where the clicker went to, I hope to watch Next Food Network Star tonight. I also hope I'm able to sleep tonight -- that one has been difficult the last few days. Oy.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: