Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday


Day three of hospital stay. Well, two and a half. It is believed that my infection is the superbug, MRSA, but no way to confirm. One antibiotic that is first used to fight it, I took for five days with not strong enough results. It is responding to the IV antibiotic treatment of MRSA. I'm getting IV antiobiotic twice a day to go after the infection in my left leg/foot. There is improvement but not enough to go home yet. What I think will come out of this for me is that I will become a germaphobe. :) I may become fanatic about it having seen the dark side.


MRSA is a monster staph bug; a huge problem EVERYWHERE but I'm suspecting the following: I've read that there may be a 10 day incubation period. About 10 days prior to the beginnings of feeling ill, Steve and I were in airports and airplanes to and from Dallas. How often have you seen them clean the people areas? How often do they really clean the insides of planes after all that humanity and germs have been through? Just makes you shiver if you think about it which why you don't think about it and don't really take precautions. Not anymore for me, baby!


Finally finished reading THE AWFUL SECRET by Bernard Knight. Will be starting A MOMENT OF SILENCE by Anna Dean. This is first of two in series featuring amateur sleuth Dido Kent in England-1805. Here's a description:


1805. An engagement party is taking place for Mr Richard Montague, son of wealthy landowner Sir Edgar Montague, and his fiancee Catherine. During a dance with his beloved, a strange thing happens: a man appears at Richard's shoulder and appears to communicate something to him without saying a word. Instantly breaking off the engagement, he rushes off to speak to his father, never to be seen again. Distraught with worry, Catherine sends for her spinster aunt, Miss Dido Kent, who has a penchant for solving mysteries. Catherine pleads with her to find her fiance and to discover the truth behind his disappearance.

LJ liked it a lot so I hope to as well. We have similar tastes.


Today's Blog/Website of the Day is the Mayo Clinic's info on prevention of MRSA infection found at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735/DSECTION=prevention.


Let's keep it healthy out there, people. Trust me.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

1 comment:

sally906 said...

We were talking about superbugs last night - a friend of mine is a nurse and she says they are on the rise and in the next decade or so she thinks we are going to be in big trouble. Hope yours are on the run with their tales between their legs!!!

Birthday is July 9th - same day as Rose's :) But thanks for the good wishes