Friday, June 5, 2009

How did it get to be Friday already?

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is called The Knowledgeable Blogger found at http://theknowledgeableblogger.blogspot.com/. Dick Adler, crime fiction reviewer for the Chicago Tribune and Barnes&Noble.com, picks the best of new releases -- and a few old ones.






First off, my lost luggage was delivered this morning. Yay!!

Secondly, today is my Mom's birthday. We went to lunch today at Red Robin and I had my usual Fajita Fiesta Pollo Salad which was very good. Happy Annual Event, Mom!



Some other things that happened on the Dallas trip:


1) When we arrived in Dallas on Sunday it was 96 degrees. The hotel all four days was freezing cold. Monday evening when we had the dinner on the patio thingy, it was gorgeous as the clouds were moving in and cooling things off a bit but not completely overcast. It rained both Tuesday and Wednesday. In fact, Tuesday morning at 5AM we were awakened by a very loud thunderstorm.

2) As incentive for people to attend all eight seminars, the Overhead Door people has everyone fill out a slip for every seminar you're in. These slips go into a drawing for prizes at the very end and you must be there to win. Last year, we got nothing. This year, I was putting out vibes for the big flatscreen tv. However, I won a Panasonic camcorder. What I'll do with it, I don't know. We don't have kids to record or go on vacations so... I may keep it; I may sell it. I'm not sure yet.

I'm still reading the Michael Jecks book. I have two books waiting for me that I picked up at the library yesterday: DAEMON by Daniel Suarez and THE KING JAMES CONSPIRACY by Phillip Depoy.

Tonight I have Say Yes to the Dress to watch on tv but otherwise nothing else so I may get to read some. Steve may have a board meeting to attend. This weekend I'll be doing laundry and cleaning and such but otherwise we don't have anything planned. It's supposed to be lovely reading weather: high's in the 40s and low 50s and rainy. Woo hoo!

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: