Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Next up: Klingon cloaking device



I'm currently reading THE NOBLE OUTLAW by Bernard Knight. This is 11th of 14 in series featuring Sir John de Wolfe, the crowner (coroner), in 12th century Devon, England. Here is a synopsis:





Renovations of a school in 12th-century Exeter are disrupted by the shocking discovery of a partially mummified corpse hidden in the rafters, and the county coroner Sir John de Wolfe is called in to investigate. Richard de Revelle, Sir John's brother-in-law and founder of the school, immediately blames Nicholas de Arundell, a young outlawed knight. As Sir John discovers, Nicholas has good reason to bear a grudge against the unscrupulous de Revelle. With the victim's identity unknown and the motive a mystery, however, the murder remains unsolved. But then comes news of a second violent death, and Sir John is forced to track down the culprit in order to find the answers.



It was published in 2007 and has 368 pages.



I took the boys for the walk after work. It's warm out now. They're lying here panting. I was pretty red faced too but my face turns red in warmth and in cold. It's embarrassing. We passed a 9 to 10 year old boy on a bike and Coda started to head in his direction so I called out he's just coming to say hello, he's nice. The kid says "I know, I used to be your neighbor." Looking more closely, I realized it was one of the Babble Twins who did indeed live next door. I replied, "But these are new dogs." And he said, "They are?" That is the level of intelligence the Babble Twins are famous for. Yes, whichever-twin-you-are, we had only one dog and he was yellow. I'm now walking with two black ones AND YOU COULDN'T TELL?


Steve is shooting. I've got dinner on the stove (jambalaya) and will probably read this evening. If I am able, if the boys will let me, I'll finish the June issue.



The Stanley Cup playoffs start tonight. Depending on when it starts, Steve may be able to see the last of the game. The nice thing about the Avalanche sucking big time this year is that I don't care who wins so I can enjoy it more. I don't think there is anything on tv for me otherwise.

Two more days left at UI. We're going to lunch on Friday at the Burger Dive. Num.



Have a lovely evening.



Much love,


PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: