Sunday, July 1, 2012

I'll take it, the pool and the puppies



I finished reading COWARDS by Glenn Beck last night. Highly recommended. I'm not sure what to read next. I'm treating myself to a Kindle book on Tuesday, a new release to be named at the time, as something to enjoy on the holiday on Wednesday. So in the meantime .... ?

It is extremely hot and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. I just hate it. Tonight we'll watch Ice Road Truckers on TV and enjoy some Alaska snowstorms.

So it's supposed to get to about 100 today; we're hunkering down in the basement. I took the boys for their run this morning at quarter to 6. It was only 63 degrees and lovely. With the heat and the dryness here, fireworks have been banned in the county. The upside is, around our subdivision it seems like people are complying (so far), therefore Ryker isn't having anxiety because of the noise.

I'm in my office right now. Coda is sleeping underneath the desk in his cave. Ryker is behind me with his head behind the recliner. Steve is sleeping in the bedroom with the swamp cooler on. I'm going to read some news and blogs. I posted a lot yesterday on FB. Maybe I'll give them a break today.

Stay cool and hydrated, everyone.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: