Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday



I finished reading CRIMINAL by Karin Slaughter this morning. Her books are dark and real-world violence gritty. I'd say this was her best yet and should be nominated for awards. It does help to read the previous books for resonance.

I took the dogs for their run this morning in the field, per usual. There were two cars parked by the big ditch, empty case box outside. Inside one of the cars were two guys, looking to be high school or college-aged, passed out or sleeping. I knocked on the window to tell them to leave but only one stirred and mumbled something at me, probably explicatives. Fine. Hope the sheriff is called on ya.

I've got dinner going in the crockpot. We plan to stay cool today; it's supposed to be hot (90s) again.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster 

No comments: