Monday, July 16, 2012

No, not really



Monday. I'm a bit tired. First day down. I'm confused about what's expected of me and who if anyone else in the room is up for the job. I've learned a lot, however, how the hospital's OR department works.

I finished the Griffiths book. I'm currently reading SHADOW OF THE NIGHT by Deborah Harkness. This is 2nd of 2 of a trilogy. Here is a description:

A Discovery of Witches, Book One of the magical All Souls Trilogy and an international publishing phenomenon. The novel introduced Diana Bishop, Oxford scholar and reluctant witch, and the handsome geneticist and vampire Matthew Clairmont; together they found themselves at the center of a supernatural battle over an enchanted manuscript known as Ashmole 782. Now, picking up from A Discovery of Witches’ cliffhanger ending, Shadow of Night plunges Diana and Matthew into Elizabethan London, a world of spies, subterfuge, and a coterie of Matthew’s old friends, the mysterious School of Night that includes Christopher Marlowe and Walter Raleigh. Here, Diana must locate a witch to tutor her in magic, Matthew is forced to confront a past he thought he had put to rest, and the mystery of Ashmole 782 deepens.

It was published July 2012 and has 592 pages. I splurged early and got it as a Kindle book. This was going to be my reward for getting through the week but I needed the reward today. 

I'm going to have dinner and then read.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: