Thursday, May 30, 2013

Progress?

Sigh

It is still being dark and drizzling. Lovely. The wind ... not so much. Again, a perfect day wasted being at work.

I've mentioned before a website called netgalley.com. They offer some advanced reading copies for free in exchange for writing about the book, i.e. you're connected in some way to others who would be interested or you're willing to write a review on Amazon and such. Sometimes the request for a book is approved and sometimes it's not, depending on the publisher. Today, I got declined on one history mystery (Really?, That MY genre) and approved for another. The approved one was from the publisher Severn House. Then they emailed to say that I have a blanket approval for ANY of their books. I love Severn House. Back when I was doing my newsletter, Premeditated, they were THE BEST. They and their authors rarely had excerpts available online so I emailed them each month for the ones I needed and they were ALWAYS terrific about it. I love them. I think maybe they remembered my name and that's why they've approved me for any that I'm interested in at Netgalley.

We're almost ending with May and starting June. There aren't really any new releases in June that I'm interested in or if I do like the author, I'm behind in the series and not at the point of reading that new one. Make sense?  But, the ones I AM watching for are:

THE LOST ABBOT by Susanna Gregory (UK release)
THE BLUE GIRL by Alex Grecian (Kindle only novella)
THE CANTERBURY MURDERS by Maureen Ash (Kindle only novella)
CIRCLE OF SHADOWS by Imogen Robertson (I just got this from Netgalley)

Sort of a "meh" month for me regarding new releases but it does let me read some of the series I follow. I have TONS of books to read; I'm not hurting for material. Currently I'm reading the new Alex Grecian, I have a hold at the library to pick up tomorrow and the new Robertson. And then, I imagine, the Gregory will show up from the UK around mid-month. And I'm trying to do research on two projects, dammit.

Steve has an orientation to help with at the gun club tonight. I'll probably have Wendy's chili again and read. Lovely.

P.S. I had a dream last night with Blake Shelton in it. Weird. 

PPS. Here's one of the funnest wedding photos ever:

"The amusing photo is the creation of Quinn Miller, 22, who digitally added the giant dinosaur chasing the entire wedding party out of the ceremony. Mr Miller took the shot at the wedding of Katie Young, 23, and James Lowder, 21, from Louisiana at The Myrtles Plantation on Sunday. He told io9.com that he had known the groom for a while and knew he was a fan of dinosaurs so he pitched the idea to him a few days before the wedding and he 'loved the concept.' 'They are such a fun couple and a fun wedding party that all I had to do is tell them to run away from an invisible dinosaur. And they did. We did it in one take - the entire shooting process in two minutes tops,' he said."


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: