Saturday, February 15, 2014

Do NOT sneak up on a red panda ...

Don't Sneak Up on me Like That! 

Last night I tuned into PBS' Great Performances. They were showing National Theatre: 50 Years on Stage. "The National Theatre opened its doors in 1963 with Laurence Olivier as its first director. Eight hundred productions later, the venerable institution celebrates its 50th anniversary with a starry cast of theater legends to applaud the remarkable people and plays." It had Maggie Smith, Ralph Fiennes, Judi Dench, Benedict Cumberbatch, Derek Jacobi, Helen Mirren, Michael Gambon, Penelope Wilton and many more. There were a couple pieces that really impressed me but otherwise I found myself playing Bejeweled on my Kindle Fire a lot. Even when I was doing theater, plays themselves never really moved me. They often seemed to me rather pointless or too angsty. I enjoyed the musicals and Shakespeare. Being a stage manager was a necessary part of my life at the time -- it made me organized and allowed me to feel like I could talk to anyone and be a person in charge -- but watching last night,  I absolutely do not feel a part of it anymore. I appreciate the talents of the amazing British actors that were on the show but mostly feeling pretty "meh" about it and probably should have read instead.

Photo: ~ Johnna

Or watched Netflix. I've been neglecting it recently for some reason. And now they have The Borgias, at last, available on streaming so I re-watched the pilot episode and they have all three seasons. I guess for viewing time in the past few weeks I had been focusing on Veronica Mars. 

I mostly hung out with the boys today, vacuuming and doing laundry. Steve went to a gun show; I went to get groceries when he got back this afternoon. I didn't feel like cooking tonight so I also picked up Famous Dave's for dinner. Nothing really on TV tonight unless we watch Black Sails which I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about. 

Here's something funny to end with:



Sometimes you need to create your own drama. 

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: