Monday, February 3, 2014

Freedom at las....! Oh crap.

Just One More Step to Freedo...Dangit


Yesterday's Superbowl. I was glad the Broncos lost; I don't like them. The commercials were okay. I liked, of course, the Budweiser ones of the puppy and the vet coming home. I liked the Cheerios one with the little girl finagling for a puppy to counter a new brother. I liked the Jaguar commercial with the three British villains. I liked the Tim Tebow no contract ones.

Downton Abbey last night was meh; Sherlock was fabulous! Shock upon shock and so much emotion played by master actors:
...That’s why I found this season’s resolution so emotionally satisfying. It locks four central characters into an emotional web: John cares about Mary; Sherlock cares about John, and therefore Mary; Mycroft cares about Sherlock, and therefore both Mary and John. So when Sherlock decides to take out the Appledoor Vaults by putting a bullet in them, i.e. Magnusson’s brain, we get the full impact that has not just on John, but also Mycroft. It’s a point that’s made not too subtly as Gatiss looks on helplessly from a helicopter, seeing Sherlock as his younger self...
And now Sherlock season 3 is over until who-knows-when. If you are interested in watching Sherlock, I recommend starting at season 1 and watching it in order (only three episodes per season) to get the best understanding of events and full emotional impact because they are doozies. Tonight, I don't really have anything to watch so I will read.

As in her previous release, Deanna Raybourn has a 53-page short out as a prequel to her new book set in the 1920s. The prequel called WHISPER OF JASMINE and it's free.  The book is called CITY OF JASMINE and is out on the 25th.

It's snowing again today and will be bitterly cold all week. Bah.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: