Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wednesday you say? Yeah, that works, let me put it on my calendar

Muah Ha Ha Ha!


I guess I was in the mood for a 1930s country estate weekend with a dash of ... murrrrdur. I'm currently reading A MAN LAY DEAD by Ngaio Marsh. This is 1st of 32 in series featuring Roderick Alleyn, second son of a baronet and police inspector in London. Here is a description:
Wealthy Sir Hubert Handesley's original and lively weekend house-parties are deservedly famous. To amuse his guests, he has devised a new form of the fashionable Murder Game, in which a guest is secretly selected to commit a 'murder' in the dark and everyone assembles to solve the crime. But when the lights go up this time there is a real corpse.
 It was published in 1934 and has 224 pages.  This is a digital loan from the library. There's not a whole lot of "downstairs" in this era of "upstairs/downstairs" but this is the world of Gosford Park and I love it. And it was written during the real time, not a historical. I may have read this particular book years ago but I don't have a clear memory of it so the whodunnit will be a surprise. I would just like to read this author in order. I'd like to read more Golden Age mystery authors. Sigh. More to the TBR mountain.

Nothing on TV tonight, thank you again damn Olympics for preempting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  So I will read or whatever.

It's been in the 30s today but windy. Snow expected later, a couple inches. But again, temps in the 40s for the next and beyond after that.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: