Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another perfect rainy day wasted at work



On Kindle, I'm currently reading THE ONE by Kiera Cass. This is the third of the Selection trilogy, young adult dystopian. Here is a description:
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection and only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea. It is the opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth; to be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. Meanwhile, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy America Singer's chance at any kind of happy ending. The time has come for one winner to be crowned. When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.
Published May 2014, it has 336 pages. Imagine a combination of TV shows The Bachelor and Survivor.  While no where near as sophisticated or well-written as THE HUNGER GAMES or DIVERGENT, I made it this far so I gotta see how it ends.

Tonight, Steve has a board meeting and I have the second to the last Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I have the much better evening ahead of me. And, of course, here's a photo of my favorite cutie, Agent Coulson.


For those who've wondered, their name is Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. And here are some of his best quotes:

If I come out, will you shoot me? 'Cause then I won't come out.

Trust me, I'll have a major freak out later.

Because nothing bad ever happens when you work something called "dark force"

You know it would be nice? If Thor and his people would send down the god of "cleaning up after yourself." They probably have a magic broom for this kind of thing.
Coda update: he squealed a couple times last night but still behaving otherwise ok. No squealing today so far so holding off on a visit to the vet. 
 
Yes, it's rainy and dark. And NOT a weekend where one can be home and enjoy it with naps and reading. Bah. 

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster





No comments: