Monday, May 19, 2014

Happiness is a red bucket




I think I've hit the age where things I've read several years ago are like new books to me again. I've re-read the first Anne Perry and OUTLANDER and I'm thinking of re-reading the Miles Vorkosigan SFF series because I'm a few books behind in that. There is benefit in being able to re-read like this -- more books to enjoy!

I don't really have to watch TV tonight, no The Blacklist. But I could tune into The Voice or Dancing with the Stars. They're winding up this week. I've been checking out Dancing because there's a young woman with no legs competing and she is amazing and inspirational. But we'll see. I may just read.

Yesterday, we had a monster of a hail storm. It hit about 5pm with marble-sized hail. The more north in the city, the bigger the hail got. Steve's mom is south of us and all she got was rain. The worse of it was the velocity with which the hail blasted. It stripped the trees of leaves, flowers, you name it. At one point Steve told me to get my shoes on in case things got worse. There were still drifts of hail this morning but it has reached 70 today I'm sure. Yes, the boys were concerned. New, green leaves are plastered on everything wherever you go town.

Steve appears to "like" his birthday present of monthly fruit from Harry and David. He didn't make a face anyway when I told him about it. It will start in June.


Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: