Monday, May 5, 2014

No. Just no. No. No. No.

Oh...Well, Okay Then

I'm currently reading on Kindle, PROOF OF GUILT by Charles Todd. This is 15th of 16 in series featuring Ian Rutledge, a shell-shocked World War I veteran returning to his job at Scotland Yard, in London. Here is a description:
London, Summer 1920. An unidentified body appears to have been run down by a motorcar and Ian Rutledge is leading the investigation to uncover what happened. While signs point to murder, vital questions remain. Who is the victim? And where, exactly, was he killed? One small clue leads Rutledge to a firm built by two families, famous for producing and selling the world’s best Madeira wine. Lewis French, the current head of the English enterprise, is missing. But is he the dead man? And do either his fiancĂ©e or his jilted former lover have anything to do with his disappearance - or possible death? What about his sister? Or the London office clerk? Is Matthew Traynor, French’s cousin and partner who heads the Madeira office, somehow involved? The experienced Rutledge knows that suspicion and circumstantial evidence are not proof of guilt, and he’s going to keep digging for answers. But that perseverance will pit him against his supervisor, the new acting chief superintendent. When Rutledge discovers a link to an incident in the French family’s past, the superintendent dismisses it, claiming the information isn’t vital. He’s determined to place blame on one of French’s women despite Rutledge’s objections. Alone in a no man’s land rife with mystery and danger, Rutledge must tread very carefully, for someone has decided that he, too, must die so that cruel justice can take its course.
Published in 2013, it has 352 pages. Ack! One more to go and I'm caught up!

Tonight is TV night. I could watch The Voice but I may check out the premiere of 24.  At 9, I have The Blacklist.

I was going to take Coda to the vet today because of his squealing in pain when he sat, lay down or going downstairs. Not all the time, just frequently. I gave him a couple baby Aspirin and kept him quiet and that seemed to help for a while. He's eating, drinking, moving, and peeing okay. Right before work today, I took him out in the backyard and he frolicked just fine. So I'll go home at lunch to see how he's doing. I can't tell if it's internal or external. I'm wondering if it's constipation because he's moving all right. I hate it that there's something wrong and he can't tell me what it is.  

Update: we put them outside today for the first time in a long time .....aaaannnnd they got out. Luckily it sounded like Steve found them before they got too far. ARGHHH! 

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: