Monday, February 20, 2023

I am the Night ... but hopeful


 Monday. 

 


Receptionist back part time. The weekend was restful. I didn't go anywhere. I read a lot. I finished my 23rd book of the year. 

 


 A book I'm currently reading -- one for the Retro-Romance Readathon this month is TIME WAS by Nora Roberts.

 



 After going through a time gateway, Caleb Hornblower is stuck in the present. He needs to find a way to return to the future, but after falling in love with Liberty Stone, Caleb isn’t sure he can leave the past behind.

Published 1989; 304 pages. I put the two covers up because it will count as two of the prompts for the readathon: winter cover and category romance. I also want to see how early Nora Roberts developed her writing back then. It's been a while since I've read her early stuff.

And then when it rains, it pours. The Las Vegas library kicked loose THREE holds this morning. 


 So I guess I'll audition them to see if I'll actually read them and if so, then the other books I'm reading will go on pause.


 And they are:

 




 Two epic fantasies (so BIG reads) and a cozy mystery. So I'll read a chapter or two of each to determine their status. Reading sprints on YouTube this evening were canceled because the lady who is hosting isn't feeling well. But I'll be reading anyway. 



 Have a good Monday

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: