Thursday, February 9, 2023

My reading plans for the weekend ... if it ever comes


 Thursday. Receptionist still out. Update: she just texted that she will be out all of next week too.

 

Per the conversation yesterday, I think, for now, I'll be going with this one for the "purple on the cover" scavenger hunt for the 18th. About to start  MYSTERY IN PROVENCE by Vivian Conroy. 1st of 4 in Miss Ashford Investigates series.

 


 A lush French estate, a wedding, a mysterious murder…and a novice detective intent on solving her first case. Fresh from teaching at her prestigious Swiss boarding school, Miss Atalanta Ashford suddenly finds herself the most eligible young lady in society when she inherits her grandfather’s substantial fortune. But with this fortune – and an elegant new Parisian home – comes a legacy passed down from grandfather to granddaughter… sleuthing discreetly for Europe’s elite. This amateur detective isn’t one to back down from a challenge and Miss Ashford must depend on her sharp wit and charm to solve her first case, which takes her to the lush lavender fields of Provence and a wedding at the mansion of the Comte de Surmonne. Now, as murder strikes twice, Atalanta will have to race to solve the case to stop the blushing bride from facing a fatal ‘I do’.

Published 2022; 314 pages.

 I'm sort of challenging myself to find obscure-ish authors for these scavenger hunt challenges. Not only for myself and expanding my reading choices (like I need that) but also to sort of surprise the other cozy readers in the group with somebody new and not what everybody else is reading. My back up choice, if this one doesn't work out, is the Rhys Bowen. I've not actually read that series and I do own many of the books

 

I've read to the 56% mark in the Crombie mystery with an unofficial reading sprint last night.

Tonight we have BattleBots to watch and I have an official reading sprint starting at 5 with the cozy group.


 Have a good day

 


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: