Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


Yawning or singing?
Happy Easter to all!


Mysteries come in all shapes and sizes. Often, they can be set around a holiday such as today. From Mystery Readers Inc, here is a list of some Easter mysteries:



  • Ship Of Danger by Mabel Esther Allan

  • Aunt Dimity: Detective by Nancy Atherton

  • Death and the Easter Bunny by Linda Berry

  • Easter Weekend by David Bottoms

  • Papa la-Bas by John Dickson Carr

  • Do You Promise Not To Tell? by Mary Jane Clark

  • Little Easter by Reed Farrel Coleman

  • Last Easter by Caroline Conklin

  • Holy Terrors by Mary R. Daheim

  • The House of Death by Paul Doherty

  • Cue the Easter Bunny by Liz Evans

  • Deadly Sin by PJ Grady

  • Gallery of Horror, edited by Charles L. Grant

  • Precious Blood by Jane HaddamT

  • The Good Friday Murder by Lee Harris

  • Some Like It Lethal by Nancy Martin

  • The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny

  • Do Not Exceed the Stated Dose (short stories) by Peter Lovesey

  • And Four To Go (aka The Easter Parade) by Rex Stout

  • Midnight at the Camposanto by Mari Ulmer

  • And, some egg books: The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde


I think I have read maybe one from this list.


This was also Passover for those of the Jewish faith. This reminds me that I missed watching The Ten Commandments last night. That is an annual to-do. Love the melodramatic acting. "So let it written. So let it done." Ah, lovely.


I finished reading FALSE TESTIMONY by Rose Connors. A soft legal read with which to cleanse the palatte. Also, I don't think I commented on THIS IS NOT A GAME by Walter Jon Williams. It was a nice thriller to read about the online gaming world meshing with real world situations. I enjoyed it even though I saw some things coming.


Next, I think I'll be sticking with the next in series for me by Bernard Knight. I do have a couple 14-day books from the library and of course many others to read but I think a historical mystery right now sounds satisfying.


We will be having a mostly relaxing day today since Steve was so busy yesterday. We're having dinner at my parents so I don't have to come up with something. I'll be watching the third of five parts of Little Dorrit tonight on Masterpiece Theater.


Today's Blog/Website is a bit of fun: aM laboratory has a sound wave kind of program with which to play found at http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix. Kinda fun.


Have a very happy holiday....


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: