Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Middle of the week and all is well

I am so nearly done reading Kate Sedley's THE WEAVER'S TALE. Just a few more pages. I would have finished it last night but Steve came home from his board meeting and was all needing to talk about it. Spouses come first. :)

I don't know what I'll read next. I have a hold at the library to pick up, THIS IS NOT A GAME by Walter Jon Williams so I'll have to give that a go. Otherwise, I still have Pat McIntosh, Rhys Bowen, Rose Connors, Michael Jecks, and David Hewson from the library to read. And several of my own TBR to get to like Bernard Knight, Patricia Wynn, and Deryn Lake among others. A Bookeemonster is ALWAYS hungry for more and doesn't have enough time to get to them all.

I'm not racking up the books read this month because I'm working on other projects but ah well. There are some good releases in April: THE LANGUAGE OF BEES by Laurie R. King (yay!), BORDERLINE by Nevada Barr, LIARS ANONYMOUS by Louise Ure, and something to check out if the library gets it: THE FRIGHTENED MAN by Kenneth Cameron.

Wednesday night is tv night: Lie to Me, America's Next Top Model, and Ghosthunters. Plus I wanted to check out a new series on ABC, The Unusuals. So no reading for me.

Maybe Tug would like a ride to the library this afternoon. We walked early so he's napping now.

Oh that reminds me. Yesterday after our walk I noticed that our neighbor must have come home for lunch because we saw him drive away. Then we were sitting on our deck, I noticed that his German Shepherd was at the fence. His yard isn't fenced and stays inside unless he's home and out with her. So I went over to say hi. She's a little jumpy but ohmygod I made the mistake of throwing a twig she was wanting me to take. She LOOOOVVES the retrieving game. So I went back to the deck in a couple minutes then went inside. Next I heard the dog on the other side getting all worked up and yep, the German Shepherd had left her yard and started roaming. Roaming dogs in our neighborhood make me nervous because we're two streets up from a very busy high traffic road. Plus she didn't have a collar or tags on. So I went outside and got her to her yard where she found a red ball thing that I had to throw a few times. I checked the neighbor's front door and it was locked. I got her to go to the back yard and yep, the back door on his deck was open. I didn't think he wanted that to be that way. So I lured her up the deck and into her house and closed the door. She was unhappy but at least safe. I kept watch next door and the guy didn't come home until late, after dark. So I hope I did the right thing but at least **I** had peace of mind that she wasn't out roaming around without identification.

Yeah, that's me. I look after the neighborhood dogs. The two St. Bernards that always got out. Kona who gets out. Cassie who gets out. I know many of the names of the dogs on our walk. It's a tough job but ... whatever.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is for classic book lovers. The Classic Challenge can be found at http://classics2008.blogspot.com/.

So have a good midweek, everyone.

Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI--the first Mary Russell book, The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King, is a free ebook until 4/15 at TheBeeisFree.com. It's a good opportunity to get started on the series before The Language of Bees (Vol. 9) is released late this month. :D

PK the Bookeemonster said...

I love the Mary Russell books! I've read the series until this new one which is why I'm so excited -- and I don't even like Sherlock Holmes (I know that's blasphemy). Good info to know ... thank you!
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster