Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday all over again...


Cuuuuute!! Okay, get over it now, it's Monday, people.

Though I didn't crack a book yesterday, I'm currently reading Bernard Knight's, CROWNER'S QUEST. This is 3rd of 13 in series featuring Sir John de Wolfe, the crowner (coroner), in 12th century Devon, England. Here is a description:


Christ Mass, 1194 and Sir John de Wolfe (newly appointed coroner for the county of Devon) is attending a party at his own home, the guests include some of the most notable dignitaries of the city of Exeter, including his brother-in-law Sir Richard, Sheriff of the county. His wife Matilda, a usually surly and miserable woman is in good spirits, because she sees the party as an opportunity to raise her social standing something she is always striving to attain. Sir John, much to her disgust is called away to examine the body of a canon who has been found hanged in his own privy. Is it suicide, or is there something more sinister afoot . . .

It was published in 1999 and has 328 pages. His website can be found at http://bernardknight.homestead.com/.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting much read today as well. We had dinner yesterday at M&D's which was wonderful (ham, asperagus, strawberry shortcake), and I brought home a medium-sized bookcase from my old room. So I have a project today. I need to figure out first where to put it and then to (hopefully) finish my alphabetizing project where I'm stuck at the S's due to lack of space. I'm also doing some laundry and hope to do some more cleaning. Plus an hour out to walk Tug. And I'd like to make cd's of some downloads, watch DVD's that are piling up.... oh work work work. :)

Tonight is tv night with Chuck, Paranormal State, and Castle.

Today's Blog/Website of the Day is Reading is my Superpower because I like the name. It can be found at http://superfastreader.com/. Not mystery-related but a nice place to visit for books in general.
Off to my projects....
Much love,
PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: