Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas, everyone!


I hope your holiday is merry and bright. I didn't track Santa on Norad this year -- I did last year though.


I worked a full day yesterday -- lots of calls, non-stop. I took 52. I got home, changed clothes, wrapped two presents then we headed over to M&D's for dinner which was lovely. Poor Emmitt, my brother's dog, was not feeling well all day apparently and then threw up huge masses of gunk that he had chowed on while hunting the day before -- like weeds and stuff I guess. You could tell he felt much better afterward.


We opened presents and, as a book addict, I made out pretty darn good. I received a gift card to Barnes & Noble and ...... a Kindle! Yes!! I also got a handheld electric mixer which I've not had before but the use of which is lacking in my kitchen.


I struck out in my major gift to Steve: he already has the originals of the Watchmen and neglected to tell me he had purchased them for himself. In fact, in my defense, he has never told me what he wants for gifts so each and every time I have to wing it and believe me he is not an easy giftee -- he makes me return it if he doesn't like it. Hunh. But I think he likes his PC game at least. See, I HELP my gifter by letting them know -- sometimes not so subtly -- what it is that I would find the most useful or delightful. Sheesh.


I just got done walking Tug and we're heading over to Steve's parents' for dinner at 4. I've played with my Kindle a bit this morning and will do some more today. I've also got some laundry going and I'd like to vacuum before too long -- Tug was given a bone for an early Christmas present and the remnants are all over the living room and bedroom.


We plan to go to a couple movies in the next few days, maybe starting tomorrow. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow morning. Otherwise, I think we'll be relaxing, playing and catching up on sleep.


Have a very merry Christmas.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

2 comments:

Alyce said...

Overall it sounds like you had a fun Christmas. Congrats on the Kindle! I'm excited that I got an MP3 player so I can listen to audiobooks around the house now. :)

Merry Christmas!

PK the Bookeemonster said...

I LOVE audiobooks. What kind of MP3 player did you receive? Do you subscribe to audible.com? Great supply of audios.
The Kindle is cool, I'll admit, but I still have a gabillion books in my TBR pile that I must get to.
Merry Christmas to you, too, and a very good 2010!