Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No I don't make a noise when you squeeze my tummy


"Book-love, I say again, lasts throughout life, it never flags or fails, but, like Beauty itself, is a joy forever." Holbrook Jackson


Isn't that just perfect? Love it.


COOOOOLLLLLLLDDDD today. Not only did it only get to about 25 degrees today (and expected to get much much colder within a few days) but the heat wasn't working very well at work today on my side of the building. I finally caved after lunch and put on my coat. I don't think they ever did figure out what was going on with it. Walking Tug after work was very cold but I had on several layers so I was able to do okay.


Steve is off on his shooting night. Tug is now dozing on his bed and I'm trying to catch up on the Internet. I never have enough time in the evenings to do it properly -- meaning I'm missing out the "well-informed-ness" I had when I was unemployed and I miss it. I have several digests of 4MA still to read too.


I may be a third of the way into the new Margaret Frazer. A LOT of political intrigue about England-France relations in the 14th century going on. I love this kind of stuff and only slightly verging on being too much and losing the story with Joliffe. A lot of set up has to happen I think and a deeper understanding of the politics going on therefore a lot of exposition.


I think I figured out what to get Steve for Christmas (fingers crossed). He always so freakin' difficult to gift because he demands that it be the best, the coolest, the most expensive thing ever or else he'll make me return it. Trust me, he's done it to me more than once. I haven't quite given up and wrapped money yet but I've gotten close. Me, I'm easy: a gift card to amazon.com or any bookstore and I'm extremely happy. And if by some off chance he wanted to splurge and he happens to think of a Kindle, I wouldn't complain too hard.


Happy mid-week and have a good night.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: