Monday, October 18, 2010

Came to a crashing sleep


Well, shoot, I was going to talk more about what happened at Bouchercon but I am just too blasted tired to think.


Plane landed at 11, we got home at 11:20. Bed by 11:45. I did not move from that point on which is amazing. I woke when Steve was getting ready for work but slept officially until 8:30. I was pretty useless at work though when I got home I had gotten a second wind to walk Tug. Now, I've got some laundry going, dishes going in the dishwasher, the bag unpacked and now I'm losing steam again.


I'm not even reading anything right now -- too scattered. Although I will tell you about the huge score I made at the convention. THE ultimate Advanced Reading Copy score. I got it by being evil -- does that give me points or take away points? Dennis Lehane made his name by writing a series featuring Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro, PIs. The second (I think) of the series is GONE BABY GONE, made into a movie recently. So anyway, Lehane stopped writing this extremely popular series and focused on stand alones like MYSTIC RIVER and SHUTTER ISLAND, also very popular and made into movies. It was big news that he was going to write another Kenzie/Gennaro, MOONLIGHT MILE, because he had said he wasn't going to write anymore of them. It comes out in November. **I** got an ARC of it. They were set aside for something and I took one. Bad, PK, bad. But it's a coup and all is fair in love and book addiction.


So, I should read that one but I won't make a decision tonight. I can't even really concentrate so I'll put clothes in the dryer here pretty quick and then skim something simple like a magazine but really get to sleep asap.


G'night all.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: