Friday, October 29, 2010

Sorry, can't pass up a good zombie one


Friday! Woot!


Okay work was jacked up on sugar. We had "reverse" trick or treating where all 40+ of us gives candy to all 40+ of us. I, I repeat, I didn't eat my candy. I brought it home. A lot of people ate candy all day so there was this yoyo of sugar highs and sugar crashes. There was a Halloween costume contest (I didn't participate). Then at break time-ish, there was food in the break room: cheese, crackers, salsa and chips, fruit, vegie trays, cookies... I imagine SOME work got done....


I finished THE MISCHIEF OF THE MISTLETOE by Lauren Willig. I liked it; sometimes I'm in the mood for and like a frothy, romantic, spies, sweet, set during the Regency story. And I'm sitting here realizing I have so many books I'd like to get to that I'm NOT getting to, it just drives me crazy. But I'm back to THE SEPTEMBER SOCIETY by Charles Finch. I've got a couple ARCS (Lehane and the scandanavian duo), oh gosh, about 10 on the Kindle including SJ Rozan, Peter Robinson, Louise Penny, and so on, and real books by the score. And series reads I'm doing. That's it: either give up sleep or work. Work lets me get more books so I guess I'd better learn how to get by on less sleep. :)


On Tuesday, however, it is the motherlode of new releases. Though they are one and the same person, Nora Roberts and JD Robb have new books out on November 2nd. Squee!! It's the last book in the Bridal Quartet and of course the latest in the Eve Dallas series. Double squee! I'm taking mom to the bookstore because Tuesday is a federal holiday (election day, baby) and being a state employee on those days doesn't suck.


Dinner tonight: taco salad. Nothing really on tv but maybe we'll watch a DVD tonight and snuggle. I've got The Ghost Writer still to watch so we'll see.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

'

No comments: