Saturday, October 2, 2010

I just feel like sitting in a jungle and staring at plants right now...


Oh my brain is tired and probably no time for a nap now though I don't think I could if I tried. I'm tired but wired.

I'm working on finishing my newsletter and I need two more pages for the printed version to work out. I don't know what to fill it with. I could ask maybe to do some interviews with authors. I've tried to make a crossword puzzle on top of the word search at the back but that's not working out. I need to think about this some more. I've GOT to get this done this weekend.

So I've been working on this all day excerpt for a break to walk Tug. Steve has been gone to help with a gun class. I've (finally) started some laundry and I should vacuum.
I've been plugging away at the Anna Dean. I really need to finish it so I can move on to other things. Uff da.


Have I told you what I'm looking forward to in reading for October? Probably not. Here goes:


SHROUD OF DISHONOUR by Maureen Ash. This is 5th of 5 in series featuring Bascot de Marins, a Templar Knight recovering from imprisonment in the holy lands, in the early 1200s, in England. It comes out this Tuesday the 5th. I've got in on order.


A MARKED MAN by Barbara Hamilton (aka Barbara Hambly). This is 2nd of 2 in series featuring Abigail Adams (John's wife) in Revolutionary America. This comes out on Tuesday. I've got this on order.


THE REVERSAL by Michael Connelly. This is 15th of 15 in series featuring Harry Bosch, a homicide detective in Los Angeles, California, but also has his other series character, Mickey Haller. This comes out on Tuesday. I've got this on order for the Kindle


THE RHETORIC OF DEATH by Judith Rock. Debut. I mentioned this yesterday. This comes out on Tuesday. I've got this on order.


THE SHIMMERING BLOND SISTER by David Handler. This is 7th of 7 in series featuring Mitch Berger, a New York film critic, and Desiree “Des” Mitry, a black police detective, in Dorset, Connecticut. Released on the 12th.


THE LAST RUN by Greg Rucka. This is 3rd of 3 in series featuring Tara Chace, a Special Intelligence Service agent working as an assassin, in the Queen & Country series. Released on the 26th.


DANGEROUS TO KNOW by Tasha Alexander. This is 5th of 5 in series featuring Lady Emily Ashton, a young widow in Victorian London. I've already read it in ARC so I'm not in a rush to pick it up. Released on the 26th


MISCHIEF OF THE MISTLETOE by Lauren Willig. This is 7th of 7 in series featuring Eloise Kelly, a Harvard grad student writing her Ph.D. dissertation on spies of the late 18th and early 19th century, in the Pink Carnation romantic thriller series. This is released on the 28th.


And of course, in the course of working on the newsletter, I've been intrigued by some books so I'll keep an eye out. Truly, I have way to much to read right now and no time to do it.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster




No comments: