Friday, February 25, 2011

Look, another beagle!


About to start TREACHERY IN DEATH by JD Robb. This is the 33rd of 33 (I think) in series featuring Eve Dallas, a homicide lieutenant in futuristic New York City. Here is a description:




Detective Eve Dallas and her partner, Peabody, are following up on a senseless crime-an elderly grocery owner killed by three stoned punks for nothing more than kicks and snacks. This is Peabody's first case as primary detective-good thing she learned from the master. But Peabody soon stumbles upon a trickier situation. After a hard workout, she's all alone in the locker room when the gym door clatters open; and-while hiding inside a shower stall trying not to make a sound-she overhears two fellow officers, Garnet and Oberman, arguing. It doesn't take long to realize they're both crooked-guilty not just of corruption but of murder. Now Peabody, Eve, and Eve's husband, Roarke, are trying to get the hard evidence they need to bring the dirty cops down-knowing all the while that the two are willing to kill to keep their secret.

It was published February 2011 and has 384 pages.


I am glad it is Friday. TGIF. It has been a long stressful week that is not over yet. I am also mostly glad to be not working this weekend. I will miss the extra OT but we can't work due to network maintenance. I have a lot to do and actually work this week has been interfering but there it is.


I have a lot going on right now so I appreciate your patience with me. Thank you M&D. It is said that one needs to turn one's problems over to God and I try but it is also a difficult thing to truly do, I find.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: