Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Monday


I'm currently reading A MARKED MAN by Barbara Hamilton. This is 2nd of 2 in series featuring Abigail Adams, the future first lady, married to a rebellious lawyer (John Adams), in mid-1770s Massachusetts Colony. Here is a description:



Lucy Fluckner comes to Abigail for help. A good friend of Lucy's, 24-year-old bookseller Harry Knox, who prints pamphlets for the Sons of Liberty, has been arrested for the murder of Sir Joseph Cottrell, the King's Special Commissioner and, according to Lucy's Tory chaperone, Mrs. Sandhayes, Lucy's fiancé. Lucy insists that the victim, a notorious womanizer, was not her fiancé, her heart all too clearly belonging to the accused. Abigail and her lawyer husband, John, resolve to prove Harry innocent. The disappearance of a Negro servant woman from the house of Lucy's Loyalist parents adds to the intrigue.

This was published in October 2010 and has 336 pages.


I worked about 6 hours today, came home, walked Tug, watched the Glenn Beck show which I rarely get to do, and now reading the news and blogs. Nothing on tv for me tonight so I think I may read.


Much love,

PK the Bookeemonster

No comments: